Child Care & Development Fund State Plan
State Plan for FFY 2014-2015
State Plan for FFY 2014-2015 Public Hearing September 23, 2013
State Plan for FFY 2014-2015 Public Hearing September 26, 2013
Public Hearing Announcement for FFY 2014-2015 State Plan:
The Mississippi Department of Human Services, Division of Early Childhood Care and Development is holding a public hearing in Jackson, MS to collect public comments related to the Child Care Development Fund Plan for federal fiscal year 2012-2013. Those interested in commenting on the draft of the state plan may submit written comments and/or provide them orally at the hearing. This hearing is being held only to collect input from interested parties about the draft of the CCDF State Plan. A facilitator will be present to collect comments from interested parties. Rules for participating in this hearing are located below.
The public hearing in Jackson, MS will be held the Hinds County Extension Service Office located at 1735 Wilson Boulevard, Jackson, MS 39204 on September 23, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
If you are not able to attend the hearing in person, you may email comments to DECCD@mdhs.ms.gov.
MDHS Approved Public Proceedings Participation Rules:
- Oral Proceedings
- MDHS will hold oral proceedings on the proposed rule of the CCDF Plan. Oral proceedings may be recorded by stenographic, audio, video or other means at the discretion of MDHS. MDHS may also photograph and record any portion of the oral proceedings for publication, promotion, advertising or media campaign at the discretion of MDHS.
- MDHS will provide agency staff to preside over the oral proceedings, and this official shall conduct the opening, order and closing of the proceedings. This official shall also enforce the public order and conduct during the oral proceedings.
- Oral proceedings shall be open to any member of the public, not to exceed the capacity of the space where the proceeding is held.
- Any person wishing to provide verbal comment will need to sign in and indicate their desire to speak on the sign in sheet about the proposed rules.
- Any person wishing to speak must sign in at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled opening of the proceeding.
- Any person wishing to speak must be prepared as soon as your name is called (if you do not approach as your name is called, the proceeding official will move to the next name).
- Speakers are limited to five (5) minutes of time to present their views.
- Speakers must yield when the time limit has been reached.
- No person may grant unused time to another.
- Presenters must provide their name (organization if representing) to the audience.
- No recording equipment including cameras, camera phones, video cameras, digital or analog tapes, CD, DVD, or any other visual or listening devices may be brought into, or directed at the Oral Proceedings without the express written permission of the Executive Director of MDHS.
- Speakers shall provide unique and independent information and should not be duplicative of the other speakers.
- Oral comments shall not duplicate written comments submitted to the agency.
- Speakers must yield at the request of the proceeding official, who may stop any person if the information presented does not relate to the document that is the source of the hearing, becomes repetitive, or lacks unique language.
- Speakers shall conduct themselves with decorum and must refrain from offensive, threatening, inciting, or inappropriate words or actions in the public forum.
- Speakers may be removed from the premises for inappropriate conduct.
- Oral written comments and presentation materials accepted by MDHS will be retained in the official file of MDHS, along with the specific related rules. If a person wants to review the written comments or presentation materials, they may submit the request to MDHS’s Information Officer.