MDHS Facebook MDHS Twitter MDHS LinkedIn MDHS Instagram
Agency Hotlines

What About Visitation Rights?

The Division of Family Foundation & Support cannot represent either party in establishing visitation or custody rights. The noncustodial parent must complete and file a Pro Se Packet or seek legal counsel for court ordered visitation and/or custody.

If you have a court order and would like to receive MAV-P services, you must:

  • Download and complete the MAV-P application.
  • Click here to download the MAV-P Guidelines.
  • Fax or mail your completed application to:
    Mississippi Department of Human Services
    Mississippi Access & Visitation Program
    P.O. Box 352
    Jackson, MS 39205
    Fax: 601-359-4370

MAV-P staff will process your application and determine your eligibility for services. If you are eligible for services, MAV-P staff will schedule an appointment to discuss your case. Please provide the following items at the time of your appointment:

  • Valid driver's license or state issued picture ID
  • Social Security number
  • Divorce decree or court order
  • The names of the children involved in the visitation and their birth certificates (if available)

Division of Family Foundation & Support
Mississippi Access & Visitation Office
750 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39202

®2017 Mississippi Department of Human Services. All rights reserved.