SNAP Employment and Training (E&T)
Need assistance with your college tuition?
The Mississippi Department of Human Services (MDHS), Division of Field Operations (DFO), has partnered with the Mississippi Community College Board (MCCB) to provide access to career and technical courses of study and/or training programs for eligible SNAP recipients.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify for the SNAP Employment & Training Program if you are:
- A SNAP only recipient
- Age 16 through 59
- A U.S. Citizen
- A resident of Mississippi
- Registered for work with the Mississippi Department of Employment Security
- A GED or High School Diploma Recipient
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a career or technical program of study at a participating community college
Colleges Participating in Tuition Assistance Program:
The SNAP Employment and Training Program provides the following services:
- An Assessment by a Career and Technical Adviser
- Assistance with the completion of grant and scholarship applications
- Enrollment in career education and training programs
- Assistance with eligible tuition expenses not covered by Pell or other federal or state grants or scholarships
Tuition Assistance Program
How do I apply?
EDGE (Ethics, Discipline, Goals, and Employment)
Are you interested in learning new skills that could help you get a good job, start a new career, or receive free job training worth hundreds of dollars?
If so, give yourself the EDGE!
- job training for high demand jobs
- basic computer skills
- financial planning
- expert guidance provided by a career navigator
- paid employment with an employer in the area
- transportation benefits
This is a great opportunity that could change your future! So, don’t delay, call your local MDHS office or a participating Community College and learn what EDGE can do for you!
The Mississippi Department of Human Services has partnered with five (5) Community Colleges across the State to provide EDGE services to help SNAP recipients find employment.
Colleges Participating in EDGE: